Friday, May 04, 2007

She Walks Away...



"Another judgemental glance
fading from my thoughts.
I think, "She shouldn't have done that."
"Why does everything have to be wrong?"

Always about her.
Her feelings and problems.
Her situation and ego.

I walk away
in disgust.
Such nonsence and complaints.
Such a sinner of unsavoring words.

I walk away
Then I hear myself say,
"I wish she'd stop, its annoying me..."

Stop...Now she walks away, not I.

She walks away
and in that moment I realize.
She's better than me..."

I say with Paul, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;
of whom I am chief." Anyone can fall into the trap of self-righteousness. Still hope lasts, for Christ lives in me... I love this song from Soveriegn Grace:

Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bear my blame
On the cross he took my sin
By his death I live again.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

what a reminder to keep humble- thanks. God knew we'd struggle with this- I'm so thankful that the Bible isn't full of perfect people!