Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Leaving

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

I am never satisfied with what I have. I desire a new shirt, a new book, stronger relationships, more knowledge & wisdom, and even a stronger love for Christ. In other words, contentment is not one of my strengths or (even) attributes. May the Lord teach me to be satisfied in Him...and Him alone. Michael Card sings:

Trust in Me,
Keep your life free
From what the love of money will do
Am I not enough for you?

Never will I leave you,
That's something I'll never do.
Forever remember that it's true,
Never will I leave you.

And when you fear,
The scars and tears.
Remember what I have sworn.
I'll be with you through the storm.

Never will I leave you,
That's something I'll never do.
Forever remember that it's true,
Never will I leave you.

And when you fear,
That's when I'm near,
Your soul's security.
Oh, when will you believe?

Never will I leave you,
That's something I'll never do.
Forever remember that it's true,
Never will I leave you.
Never will I leave you.

- Thank you, Lord, for never leaving me. Thank you for all you give me each and every day. Thank you for the family you have given me...we aren't perfect, but we do love one another with an enduring love. Thank you for keeping us close all these years. May you strengthen us and protect us as we go our separate ways this summer and...for the rest of our earthly journey. Bring us closer together...though we are many miles apart... Thank you, Lord. -

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Amen, Brother! Enjoy your summer counsellor at camp again? I'm starting to sort and pack for my endeavor across the sea. I'm planning on driving through your way (on the way to see rellies in New Lisbon) early August, so you'll probably be at camp. I'm praying for ya. I enjoy reading your blog and receiving the encouragement and joy that comes from knowing people joyfully serving Christ! Keep it up! You're a blessing.

~Lydia

Robert Shaffer said...

Thanks for the reminder man