Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Even the Cross

"I am always thankful then, for this very human portrait of Jesus’s own agonizing struggle with his own suffering. For I know he shares my own struggle. And while I often reluctantly say to God, “Not my will but yours be done,” I remember that God transforms the evil of suffering and affliction perpetrated against Jesus. God takes the very death of Jesus, and brings about resurrection. In my own prayers during this holiest of all weeks, I bow my head and my heart to the king who reigns not from a throne, but from the Cross."

- Margaret Manning, Slice of Infinity: Via Dolorosa.

1 comment:

Noah said...

As John Piper once wrote, "Who murdered Christ? Who is responsible for the death of Christ? Surely, most of us would instinctively reply, 'Judas Iscariot!' But, Judas did not kill Jesus. Christ Himself said that no man could take His life, except He laid it down. Judas, even as he betrayed Christ, though he sought to be used by Satan for evil in being used to help see those nails pounded into Christ, Judas himself as nothing more than a tool in the hands of an almighty and sovereign God." (or something to that effect; saw I had missed an update on your blog and didn't want to take the time to dig out Desiring God since I just got back from work and should've been in bed rather than checking this lol)