Thursday, September 27, 2007

Please Pray With Me

Every autumn brings the same question. What am I doing next summer? And every autumn season the question comes too early. This fall is no exception. Only this fall I know what I want to do; I want to go to Argentina. You may ask, "Where did this come from?"The answer: I have no bloomin' idea, but come it did...and the opportunity along with it.

It began a few weeks ago, when my friend, Steve, assumed I was on board concerning a Brazil trip this upcoming summer. I had given some interest, but honestly, I was not very excited (for no apparent reason). Then, the destination changed to Argentina, and out of seemingly nowhere, I was surprised by joy. Since I had been praying for some time that God would allow me (if it was his will) to go aboard, I felt like Scooby Doo in a pizza shop with a ten dollar gift card, when I heard the change in destination.

But…

Much is still in limbo. First, I am in the middle of auditions for a travelling team for Maranatha (something I want to do too), and if I make it then the mission trip will more than likely have to wait. Second, the details of the trip are far from settled, and many particulars have to get ironed out before May.

(Sigh) Wisdom is essential. Thankfully, God gives wisdom if we ask for it (James 1:5). Well, I’m asking for it. Please, pray with me. Pray that God’s will would be done in my life this school year and summer, whether travelling for the school or going to Argentina (or something entirely different). He knows what is best. Pray that God would give me wisdom to discern what to do if I make the team. If God shows me Argentina, pray that God would supply all my needs.

Please pray with me.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Jason, the trip to Argentina sounds like it would be amazing! But, I understand where you're coming from with the choices of things you want to do. I'll definitely be praying for you friend!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely pray with you regarding next summer!! love you, mom

The Harrisons said...

oooh - nice new colors on your blog! Looks awesome :-) We'll be praying with you too!

Lydia said...

Hey Jason, I'll be praying... I'm seeing a possibility of being in a summer singing group as well, so I understand being torn. There are so many options for things to do next summer... I enjoyed seeing your blog again. I'm glad you're keeping it updated. (you're doing better than me!)

I hope college is going well! :) I'm learning sooo much..