Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Post Off the Cuff

Because it has been a time since my former post, I might as well shake a few minutes out of my busy schedule to let everyone know that I am still writing on my classic blog.

Yesterday, I had lunch with three former Northland Camp Counselors (Carla Mallory, Jenn Wetzel, and Clinton Van Dyne). It reminded me of how much I miss camp. I long for camp again for several reasons: the relationships, friends for life, the only people I consistently email are my northland friends. The atmoshere, Northland Camp has such an emphasis on openness, accountability and discipleship that I find at school I need some type of spiritual outlet because I miss that openness and accountability. The power groups, no other camp has such an amazing program in their ministry; God used it deeply in my heart . The place, the picture of the sidewalk is one of my favorite pictures. I do not know how many struggles or joys I have shared while walking on that sidewalk. Whether it was walks with staff members, or walks with campers.

So if you are reading this post, and you worked at Northland Camp either the summer of '05 or '06, post a comment. Please, let me know how you are doing!

Next post: School is boring, but I have random pictures.

6 comments:

cameron said...

dude i wish you would call me back...

Tfipps said...

Yea!! Jason is still alive...we were beginning to wonder, what with the lack of blog activity. Thanks for your comment on our blog...I passed along your hugs and kisses for Rob:)

jules said...

jason! i never see you anymore. i talked to andy and laura last night and they were like - we saw jason! i was like, i know him, but we hardly ever hang out! ;)
i miss camp too. i totally know what you mean about openness and accountability.. the investment in lives by others and to others. it's an amazing place.
let's go to lunch sometime! i'm a little jealous i didn't get to go with all you guys, hahaa!

jules said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jules said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Jason i just went up to BJ for a few days and saw all the Northland Camp Staff there. I miss it too. Are you still going to China???

Katie Vance
- Live it Love it