Tuesday, October 03, 2006

On A Walk

This is all so simple.
A couple days ago following classes, I searched for my family's car to go home, and I found to my dismay that it was not on campus.



So, I had to walk home. Usually, something I like to do for relaxation and meditation, but with my schedule being so hectic, I just wanted to get home as quick as possible.

But, I began to walk. My home is less than a mile from my college campus so it doesn't take more than fifteen minutes to arrive at home.

I love the fall's colors, and as I walked that warm, autumn afternoon, I began to look and praise God for the beautiful trees and the sky which with its vastness glides into such amazing peace. While admiring God's undeniably gorgeous creation, I was humming the second verse of a song I heard some time ago:

Now close your eyes,
so you can see your own unfinished memories,
Now open them for time is brief,
and you'll be bless beyond belief;
Now take a glance up at the sky,
there is beauty there to fill the eye...

I love God, and the beautiful season called fall. I was rebuked at my forgetfulness of all God is. May we all enjoy it too its fullest this year, 2006.

2 comments:

Tfipps said...

Ok...for a split second there, I was trying to figure out where that beautiful picture was taken right around campus....oops!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason, it's Katie Vance. I hope you are doing well. God's soverignty and providence is best even in the small things. I'm glad God is concerned for every detail of our lives.